Skip to content

Tuttle man charged with sending sexually explicit messages to minor

Jared Allen Titler, 22, of Tuttle, was arrested on a warrant out of Okaloosa County in Florida Saturday, June 10 on one charge of Unlawful Use of Two-Way Communications Device to Facilitate the Commission of a Felony, and 34 charges of Transmission of Harmful Materials to a Minor.

The charges stem from allegations that Titler sent sexually explicit messages to a 14-year-old girl in Florida between April 9 and May 6.

Crestview Police Department Officer Christopher Lewis investigated the case, and according to his warrant affidavit, began investigating the case on May 12 when he was provided with the minor’s cell phone. Officer Lewis discovered 34 communications in the victim’s Discord messages that the officer felt warranted a charge.

Allegedly, Titler began communicating with the minor on April 5, telling the underage girl that he is 22, and asking if she’s comfortable with his age.

Officer Lewis said in his report, “Within the first few messages, the defendant makes a reference that the victim is ‘very mature for her age.’ It should be noted there were over 4,000 messages exchanged between the victim and the defendant ranging from April 5 to May 11. In the course of the messages, the victim and the defendant engaged in the exchange of sexually explicit images.”

There were also videos and text messages of a graphic sexual nature.

Once the warrant for Titler’s arrest was granted, Tuttle PD was contacted to arrest the suspect. Titler was working for the City of Tuttle as a Fiber Optics Installer.

Following his arrest, Titler was then transported to Okaloosa County Jail where he was booked in Saturday, June 10. Titler was given a $20,000 bond and bonded out Monday, June 14. Since his release, Titler has had to wear a GPS ankle monitor. Titler has a pretrial conference date of August 28.

Titler has plead not guilty.

At the time of his arrest, Titler was working for the City of Tuttle as a Fiber Optics Installer, but was let go following the charges.

Since his release from jail, he is now employed at the Grady County District 1 Barn, where his mother and uncle work as office manager and first deputy, respectively.

Titler lives in close proximity to Tuttle Middle School.

7 Comments

1. Anonymous on October 12, 2023 at 10:43 pm

I’m glad he finally got caught. I am another victim of this man who is extremely manipulative, dangerous, and abusive. I am of age now- but I used to not be, especially when we were having relations. I hope all his victims speak up and I hope he gets what he deserves. Because I know damn well there’s more than just one poor girl out there that he has infected with his grooming tactics. This man is evil.

• Anonymous on October 30, 2023 at 1:35 pm

Anonymous above, Please contact the state attorneys office Okaloosa County, Florida. This case is ongoing and as the victims mother, I would love for someone else to come forward. If you feel comfortable, the phone number is 850-651-7410. His criminal case # is 2023 CF 001311 C and the attorney acting for the state of florida is Christine Bosau.

2. Anonymous on November 10, 2023 at 2:20 pm

I’m another victim of this man. He threatened to rape me when I was a child or kill himself if I didn’t do what he wanted I was only 14. I know there are more girls out there. Im sorry if this man has done anything to anyone else who sees this. I hope he is locked up for good. Thank you to the parents of the victim for finally getting the justice this man needs.

• Anonymous on November 23, 2023 at 11:44 pm

Please write a letter!! His criminal case # is 2023 CF 001311 C and the attorney acting for the state of Florida is Christine Bosau. Letters help the judge see the full picture. Please.

• Mother of Victim on November 27, 2023 at 6:03 am

Anonymous above, thank you for speaking out. Please contact the state attorneys office Okaloosa County, Florida. This case is ongoing and as the victims mother, I would love for someone else to come forward. If you feel comfortable, the phone number is 850-651-7410. His criminal case # is 2023 CF 001311 C and the attorney acting for the state of florida is Christine Bosau

3. Mother of Victim on March 20, 2024 at 10:14 pm

Just letting anyone who reads this know… he was Sentenced to 15 years in prison on 02-29-24. He will not hurt anyone else.

• Alandalynn Prather on March 27, 2024 at 6:52 pm

I am really satisfied with the sentencing, granted in my hopes it would’ve been forever. When this happened to me his family took his side and made me out to be the villain. But now he finally is getting what he deserves. I feel like a part of me will finally be able to start to move on and heal itself. I saw your quote at his sentencing, and it has truly helped me so much. It brought me to tears when I read it. Thank you so much. I’ve decided to come forward with my name. Many people from when I went to school when I was 14 will remember this. (Not associated with the other commenter who mentioned they were 14) I am now 22 and feel like I finally have closure knowing he will no longer hurt anyone else. All love to your family, and anyone else this man has hurt.