I-40 narrowed to one lane in each direction this weekend
Motorists can expect delays along I-40 in the Mid-Del area over the next couple of weeks as crews prepare to shift traffic to new lanes.
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation released a tentative schedule for the next two weeks. Plans are subject to change numerous factors such as weather.
Works begins tonight with I-40 narrowed to one lane in each direction.
I-40 construction schedule:
- East and westbound I-40 will be narrowed to one lane between Sunnylane Rd. and Hudiburg Dr. from 8 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday.
- Eastbound I-40 will be narrowed to one lane between Sunnylane Rd. and Hudiburg Dr. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday.
- The eastbound I-40 on-ramp from Sooner Rd. and off-ramp to Hudiburg Dr. will be closed during the following times:
- From 8 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday
- From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday
- From 8 p.m. Monday to 6 a.m. Tuesday
- The following eastbound I-40 ramps will be closed, and eastbound I-40 will have rolling road blocks from 8 p.m. Tuesday to 6 a.m. Wednesday to allow eastbound I-40 to shift within the work zone.
- The Sunnylane Rd. on-ramp;
- The S.E. 15th St. off- and on-ramps;
- The Sooner Rd. off- and on-ramps;
- The Hudiburg Dr. off-ramp.
- Westbound I-40 will be narrowed to one lane between Hudiburg Dr. and Sunnlyane Rd. from 8 p.m. Wednesday to 6 a.m. Thursday, August 5.
ODOT plans to shift westbound traffic week of Aug. 9.